FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swap Request Horror Stories
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:27 am
typical
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Ok could do with some advice on how to follow up on this... on a 4ish hour flight, in Y.

About 20 minutes in the CC comes to me and says "Sorry sir, but would you mind swapping seats? The gentleman a few seats forward would like to sit next to the lady next to you. It's still an aisle seat."

Well, I mean ok, an aisle seat for a futher-forward aisle seat, not end of the world if a couple wants to sit together. I look to my seatmate, who says:

"Actually, please don't. You're nice and quiet, but I only just met him, he bought me coffee in the airport, and I really don't want to talk to him."

Uh.

I say to the CC "well, I think it's really up to her", and she pleads with the CC to pass the message forward she's sleeping or somesuch, so not only does he not swap, he doesn't come back to see what's going on. I make it clear I'm not moving if she doesn't want me to.

All that said: WWYD now? Leave it to her to take it up with the airline? Assume the guy spun such a story to the CC that the CC thought it was natural she'd want the same thing? Send a message to the airline explaining what happened and gently suggesting this isn't how the situation should have gone down?

Last edited by typical; Jul 21, 2019 at 3:58 am Reason: Removed some identifying info