FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:52 pm
sullim4

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I got the card earlier this week with a $50k limit. I reported an income of approximately $215k/yr including bonus/stock and excluding my wife's income. All he wanted was my paystub. They pulled Experian. I had 3 inquiries on my EX report, all mortgage-related, so zero inquiries for cards. Per my banker's advice, I let them approve me for whatever they saw fit as the maximum, I didn't request a specific amount. A few things:

- I called the customer service number on the back of the card to add an AU. Interestingly, this request was forwarded to my banker and he took care of this the next day by calling me. Be aware of the fact that they want a host of info, including the SSN and a passport or DL number for the AU. He again insisted that the credit line for the AU would be deducted from my credit line, despite what people have said here, as well as what the CSR said a day earlier. He apologized that they didn't get the explanation right. Not sure what to believe here.

- My last name was misspelled, something I didn't notice when my banker had initially sent me the application to sign that he took over the phone. He ordered a new card and it should arrive shortly.

My primary card for the last 5+ years has been a grandfathered version of the Barclays Priceline Rewards Visa. No AF, 3.2% CB on everything when you request statement credits against airfare or Priceline hotels. I wanted an additional card with better benefits. I am going to shift the 3x bonus categories over to this card, which gathering from the reports, nets 1.33 cents per point when redeemed for air via the concierge (so 4 cents per dollar), and leave everything else on the Priceline card. Most of our transactions, but not necessarily our spend, in the bonus categories so I anticipate this will become our primary card.