FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber refuses refund when car dies in middle of street miles from destination
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:13 pm
ajl1239

Originally Posted by davie355
OP, your situation basically happened to me, except instead of the car breaking down, the driver mistakenly ended the trip in the middle of the journey. I couldn't walk anywhere so I was forced to request another ride during surge pricing. I got a partial refund and ended up out of pocket for a lot more money than the quote for my original trip.

I had no luck pushing Uber's customer service and just wrote this off as the cost of being a customer with Uber.
I am done being a customer with Uber in the United States, where the Uber service is some of the worst in the world. I'll keep the app on my phone to use when traveling abroad -- especially in some developing countries -- but, in the United States, I will just use Lyft (and I'll try to use that as little as possible as well).

I don't want to risk having a driver invent a fake vomit fee or engage in some other fraud, and then have Uber tell me that they won't give a refund, because of some BS reason.