FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:36 pm
lamphs

Willard Intercontinental

Willard IntercontinentalChase free night, Platinum AMB, one night.
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a "deluxe king". Upgraded to a "king Willard Room" on the 12th floor. (A much lesser upgrade than I've had in the past two years - one was a 'Oval Suite' and the other was one of the presidential suites.)

How are the rooms?
As advertised. Very large room with a 4-person dining table, standup shower separate from deep tub, nice sized refrigerator, and a Nespresso machine. But it had one window, a small round window, that had a view of the (JW?) Marriott on 14th Street - not at all impressive. I also know that it was July 5th and very busy in DC for tourists.
How is the exec. lounge?
N/A
What was good and what was bad?
Pros:Hotel's history, including the Round Robin Bar

The impressive lobby and the historic Peacock Alley

It's proximity to the White House, the National Mall, etc.

The $20 F&B credit as well as the 4 PM late checkout.

Cons: I had asked for an early check-in (90 minutes or so). Arrived about 75 minutes early and was told room will not be ready until check-in time. But I spent that time with a drink in the Round Robin Bar. A first world problem.

I'd prefer the JW Marriott breakfast buffet; there is more room to sit and more room to maneuver around the offerings. Cafe du Parc is very small and apparently it closed its outside area (the 2nd floor area). If it weren't for the $20 F&B credit, I may have walked across the street.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes As a side note, on July 6th, two opposing groups had permitted protests. One protest was occurring on Freedom Plaza - diagonal to the front of the property. The other protest was occurring directly across from property on Pershing Square. Heavy MPD presence. The hotel was great about security.