FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 years since reserving car for personal use, advice
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:31 pm
Plebian

5 years since reserving car for personal use, advice

Hi, I am reserving a car next month in Nashville. I realized that I haven't reserved a car for personal use in the USA in about 5 years. I've rented for work but it was portal or specific process. No choices really for me to make.

So many changes in the travel world in that amount of time. From my research so far: I could rent a car through one of my mileage plans, Marriott Bonvoy membership, booking.com, priceline, travelocity, other OTAs.... so many ways to go now. I've seen lots of websites that offer deals too, many of which I know nothing about and would need to vet. What should I prioritize of these in my research?

In case this helps your answer, here's what I'm looking for: Small to midsize sedan for less than one week in Nashville. Not a compact. Need to rent from the airport location, and will return it there. Prefer a 4 door if not a big jump in price. Would like a mainline rental company--Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, Budget. Not sure about Thrifty.

As a starting point, I looked at Hertz and a 25 percent off Groupon, $85/day, I assume pretax, must be prepaid. Is that good, great, keep hunting?

Thanks in advance.