FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:08 am
thebat

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by gmt4
Just tried the GC + Amex split payment a few days ago as described above and the Amex charge posted as a passenger ticket with the name, itinerary, ticket number, etc. Not sure what the trick was that people used to get it to work, but maybe we can peel this back and figure out how people booked to trigger it.

Maybe, the way I went about it caused the failure, maybe not: Round trip flight was booked by them, while logged into their RR acct, in their name using a GC they bought with a different CC in their name as a partial payment. The remainder of the payment (~$85) was charged to my Plat. Booked on a windows laptop, vs. an iOS device like an iPad.

I probably screwed the pooch on this attempt by the stupid way we booked, but any ideas? Problem was they needed a flight on WN and I didn't, so we tried it this way. I had my wallet out and they didn't so we used my card. They are an AU on my Plat card, so maybe next time let them book it all and pay the remainder on their Au Plat card to try to trigger the credit?
I'm surprised you didn't get it. You seem to fit all, the criteria for reimbursement. Maybe a couple more days?