FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport name and green card is different
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:55 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Sam1987
I have my name name in green card as bahalul shah Alam and in my Bangladeshi passport is B S Alam.it is just the first and middle initial in passport.I am travelling abroad next month.is that going to be an issue?is there any letter or something I can get from us customs And border security to avoid trouble during my trip?
Can you get the Bangladeshi consular officials to update your passport with an amendment/endorsement about your full name or even issue a new passport with your name as it appears on your US permanent residency card? [Bangladeshi consular officials do it for women based on marriage rather easily; but for you as a male, I don’t know if they would be as amenable to doing so since it wouldn’t be a maiden name-related change.] If you can get the Bangladeshi consular officials to do that, that will remedy most any potential problems for such situation and be a longer lasting solution.

If you cannot get an amended passport or new passport from Bangladeshi consular officials with the initials spelled out instead with those two first names in full and get it done in a timely manner, you should still be ok with the docs in hand if all other biodata elements across the documents are an exact match; but there is no guarantee that the airline or a non-US border control official won’t make an issue of it.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 19, 2019 at 5:07 pm