FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost baggage + cancellation help
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:16 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Does the per person limit of around £1200 apply to all on the booking regardless of who actually checked a bag? Is the limit per person or per bag? I have noticed that when we check two bags, sometimes agents check two bags for one of us, and other times one each. I've never paid much attention to that but I wonder if I should ensure it is one bag each.

OP mentions they shared a bag with their partner. I would expect claims to be limited to people who checked a missing bag.

BA mentioned a $50 budget for essentials for each person which seems pragmatic to me. I'm pleased they aren't taking a harder line. It seems entirely reasonable to me that people would share a bag and yet both need essentials if it goes missing.
The limit is per person - if you check in all the bags together under a single person, then I *think* that all bags would count as the one person and so XDR1133 total. If bags are checked under 2 people, it would be XDR1133 * 2

BA might like there to be a $50 limit , but the regulations do not provide for that