FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot - missed connection on a through ticket, forced to pay re-booking fee
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:04 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Giraffe20
So, Some little additions for anyone in the future who might be going through the same thing as me (2 months on into our fight with Aeroflot after they made us pay for rebooking flights)
good initiative

Our ticket had 1hr30 connection time. MCT was 1hr35. And Aeroflot strictly closes their gates 20 minutes early, which means we needed 1hr55
1H30 mins is definitely too low ,

At least two hours are needed (international to domestic), without delays or weather issues

Finally, I guess the most important learning point (for us at least) is not to fly aeroflot. (prevention is better than cure!)
If possible , i would say you should have your final connection in another airport than SVO and if possible not in russia

the problem is that aeroflot is more or less a kind of monopoly in russia on some domestic routes , if you fly from another country and want to buy everything under the same booking (or without changing airports in moscow) and they are not ashamed of charging huge prices when you compare with flights to other international cities close to russian borders

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 19, 2019 at 2:34 am