FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GCM Airport Expansion Project - July 2019 Update
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:40 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
GCM Airport Expansion Project - July 2019 Update

Just wanted to report that GCM, which has been undergoing a major renovation over the last couple years, appears to be almost complete. When was there, the checkin area was still under construction, but it is now open. Looks like there is still some construction going on airside though.

Immigration - I think the booths have been moved back (to the right as you enter from the tarmac), leaving lots of room for the queues.

Baggage Claim - there is a new Information Desk behind the last carousel, and the Customs area is much larger as well.

Arrivals - at the far East end of the terminal, I don't remember much, but you can stay inside the air conditioning on your walk to the rental car center across from the far West end of the terminal.

Ticketing/Departures - the area is much larger and deeper than the old one, so plenty of room to maneuver those bags

Security - this area is also much larger and deeper than before - all WTMD - I forgot to take my trim weights out of my bag but they did not pull the bag

Gates - there are two separate waiting areas now - we were in the smaller central one, but all of the concessions are in the larger western one.