FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to BA transfer at Manchester
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:32 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I had a BA to Loganair connection at MAN a few months ago, using the "awkward" gate - the one most problematic for back to back since it is shared with the corridor from security and thus roped off temporarily to ensure passengers go landside. The Loganair flight was BA codeshare / 125 and there was no issue - just a bit of waiting - about staying airside and then using the lounge. The Menzies ground agent said they were short of staff so could I please wait until boarding was over, which only took a few minutes, and then I was scanned into the biometric capture point by Boots.

The point about that gate is that it doesn't have access to the Connections channel referenced above, so as difficult as it gets.

But yes it's not the best location, EDI and GLA are usually more cost effective due to competition. NCL is the best of the lot.