FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Promotions
Thread: 2019 Promotions
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:22 am
Anchjo

Programs: AY+ Silver, SK EB Silver, Flying Blue
Two weeks ago I booked a table for a brunch through TableOnline. Yesterday I sent an e-mail asking when I could expect to see the AY+ points on my account, and the reply I got was that the points are issued on the 15th day of the month following the booking. That is, if you have a reservation for 1st of July, you can expect to see the points after 15th of August. I suppose the points for this campaign will be issued in October so reservations made in August will probably still be counted as a partner even if the points will be issued in September.

All in all, this campaign reminds me why I normally would not bother showing my AY+ card when doing business with these partners:
  • The points accrual is usually too small to justify even the minimal effort of finding the AY+ card from my pocket (most partners).
  • The posting time is ridiculously long (up to two months with Akruu.com, Booking.com, TableOnline, and probably many others).
  • It's impossible to find out what the points accrual is or what the conditions for points accrual are on the website (ChangeGroup).
  • It's unclear if a specific store in a chain is issuing points or not, even for members of staff in these stores (Timanttiset).