FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:41 pm
BrotherLehman

I used this to redeem flights from Madrid-Santiago (Chile) and Buenos Aires-Madrid-London in Business Class over the Easter and first May Bank holidays (Madrid-London in Economy given I thought I should try to save a bit)
Had a fantastic time hiking in both Chilean and Argentinian Patagonia as well as spending some time in Santiago and Buenos Aires.

Given this wonderful Iberia promotion, total cost of buying the Iberia business class flights plus the internal flights in South America came out to be around £520.
Interestingly, on the way back, the Buenos Aires leg was delayed and we missed the connection from Madrid to London. Given it was the bank holiday, all remaining flights back to London were complete full and Iberia could only put us on the next morning's flight. So we got put up at a nice hotel for the evening and I even managed to meet a friend in Madrid for dinner.

What this also meant was that EU261 compensation kicked in! After chasing Iberia for some time to get it (took more than 2 months!), finally the EUR600 came - meaning effectively the flights were FREE! ������������
So grateful for this amazing opportunity!

Perito Mereno Glacier (El Calafate, Argentina)

W Trek (Torres Del Paine, Chile)

Autumn foliage all over the Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile

Breathtaking landscape in Patagonia