FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA to Europe vs Asia: why not more O/D European destinations from SEA?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:45 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Keep in mind how many seats there are in J vs Y. What do most people fly? For FTers - myself included - this is exactly the way we think. However, for Joe Average Flyer, thinking like yours doesn't even come into play.
Originally Posted by BenA
I mostly fly Comfort+ to Europe, and I still think this logic holds for the general population.
Agree with BenA. I think that most people, regardless of cabin, would prefer a long flight on a comfortable wide body with complimentary meals, seat back entertainment and to arrive in Europe after the first leg, rather than doing 1/3 of the trip on a domestic flight.

The point about getting to Europe after the first leg is especially important because, if the first flight is delayed for some reason, it's a lot easier to get to your final destination in Europe once you are at AMS/CDG if you need to rebook. From there you have many options, including rail. If you are at ATL or JFK, you are much more likely to be spending the night.