FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection on outbound sectors now involves overnight at LHR
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:59 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by heartybob
I don't profess to be an expert either, but isn't it simply the case that if a cancellation is notified to a pax more than 14 days in advance then the pax has the option of choosing between re-routing and full refund. And furthermore, if the pax chooses re-routing then the delay provisions kick-in, which includes the right to assistance, which includes the provision of hotel accommodation when the replacement flight departs the day after the original departure day.
Yes, I guess my earlier post wasn't clear: The other reading is that because you accepted a rebooked, reticketed arrangement then the new start point is the newly ticketed arrangement, the clock is re-set, and if you ticketed this initially the hotel is for your own pocket. Overall I think it is within the scope of the Regulation, but I'm trying (not very well) to point out there is another viewpoint, so you can't totally, 10001% rely on it.