FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Elite Upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:35 pm
drajknox

Originally Posted by kiwiox14
So need a little help on this topic if I may.

My wife is my Elite Partner. As a result she is not on my list of Giftees and doesn't show up on a joint booking and I am unable to nominate her for an Upgrade? Tried call centre.... after 11 minutes of "unusually heavy caller demand" I gave up. Hoping the guru's have ananswer....

And as for the call centre, when does unusually heavy caller demand actually become we don't have enough staff to cover normal demand. I don';t think in the last 2-3 years I have made a call without getting the insincere apology (sorry OT and probably covered in detail elsewhere).
This must be a system bug as I had a similar issue. My wife was on my Giftee List for several years before I became Elite - I bought her tickets with APD for many flights.

The first time I tried to get an Elite APD for her I couldn’t do it because it said she wasn’t on my Gifting Register yet I had paid for her ticket with APD and when I tried to add her again as a Household Giftee it said I couldn’t as she was my Elite Partner. On that occasion a Premium team member did it for me without service fee being charged.

I tried to do Elite APD upgrades for us both early today (both on same PNR) and once again the system would only show my name and said that other passenger on booking wasn’t on my Gifting Register despite me having gifted her ticket and me being unable to add her with system rejection because Elite Partner.

I called the call centre who manually added her and I was then able to do the upgrades - when I subsequently looked they added her as a “Non Household Giftee” whereas they knew we live together. This may be the way around the system bug as it was how they resolved the issue.