FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:56 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Call the 1K desk. You will not lose the UG on the international portion.

Polaris lounge @sfo is worth the extra time.

I am on the same SFO-SIN flight as you tomorrow and on the 6.15am flight from SAN but I chose the earlier flight not for the Polaris lounge but because I do not want a flight delay into SFO to cause me to miss the flight.

I would ask for the 1K desk for the earlier DEN-SFO flight so you do not misconnect
I had the same situation in June on my way to PVG with the ORD-PVG segment already upgraded. When I called the 1K desk to do a SDC from a 7:50 AM flight to ORD to the 6:00 AM flight (my wife was on that earlier flight), the agent told me that the system did not allow her to do it as it was trying to reprice the whole trip. She suggested to just standby the next day which is what I was going to do. When I showed up at the airport at 5:00 AM, there was availability so the agent just put me on the flight without putting me on the standby list. There were about 5 standby passengers that all cleared at the gate.