FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:14 am
iluvdoco

A couple notes from my stay:

- F&B at the Sakura Lounge was even better than what I recall from my last visit. Food is prepared fresh daily, and usually from organic ingredients. Can really taste the difference.
- Every lunch/dinner currently has a country/regional cuisine theme. They currently have Japanese, English, Moroccan/Middle Eastern, and South American themes, although they hope to add more in the future.
- Lunch was just as excellent as dinner, with just 1-2 fewer "buffet" items, no chef's station selection. Same number of desserts.
- Sunday breakfast is now from 6:30am to 2pm, and they add additional brunch items at 10:30am, including jumbo lump crap cakes, eggs benedict, fried chicken & waffles.
- Sunday dinner is typically a themed "family style" dinner. Food quality was no less excellent.
- The lounge has added freshly baked cookies, like at the Ritz Carlton Club lounge, although they're not replenished and not as in great quantity and variety as at the Ritz.
- Can't self pour alcohol, but I still received generous portions of Japanese whiskey, mimosas, rum, etc..
- All of the staff at the Sakura Club are excellent. Very warm service without feeling artificial or too intrusive.

I don't think you would get the full Conrad DC experience without booking a Sakura Club level room. This hotel wouldn't be my top choice as a Diamond unless I had to stay in this particular area of DC.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 16, 2019 at 5:20 am