FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:50 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by PlowJockey
I had similar questions for a similar scenario. Other FTers have reported using multiple single-entry e-visas, but IIRC the delay can be an issue. I encourage you to reconsider using a third party for the VOA multiple-entry visa. I used vietnamvisapro-dot-com based on a recommendation in the FT vietnam visa forum. The $50 visa on arrival stamping fee for 30 day, multiple-entry visa is the same whether you use a third party or not; you just need to bring a passport photo and two-page application (which can be prepared and printed in advance as well). My wait time at DAD for the visa stamp was about 5 minutes. The letter cost $6 and I had it back as an email attachment less than 24 hours after applying.

Have fun! I recommend some time in Hoi An, and a two-night cruise in Halong Bay, if your plans aren't otherwise solidified. Intra-Vietnam flights are cheap.
Thank you for that recommendation. I applied today.

Wondering if I should splurge for the expedited entry. I will be arriving in HAN around 6 pm. Does anyone have any experience on how crowded it will be?