FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WTP "Differential fares"?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:24 pm
aceman

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
WTP "Differential fares"?

Had a quick search of differential on this forum and seem to get a lot of results talking about champagne...

Anyway, I'm trying to move a booking I made, WTP upgraded to Avios to CW. Its proving rather expensive, because apparently I actually bought a WT fare that allows me to sit in WTP, so apparently I need 2 classes of availability to keep the same fare level, or I have to buy up to real WTP. Apparently I'm a 'differential ticket'. In fact to keep my upgrade and move date keeping the same price I would need all 3 categories to be available!

Given that 90% of the time this is unlikely to be an issue for most travellers but is there anyway for me to see if that is what I'm booking in the future? As I understood it W E T were the WTP booking classes? so is any of these specifically used for this? or is it a sub class of ticket?

And what is the point in these? I know AA had the AUP fares for companies who's official policy was economy class travel only, but this is almost the other way round, a WTP fare booked as WTP thats actually WT in disguise?