FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post AirTran merger
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:20 am
synergistic

I'm actually a big fan of Spirit's big front seats. If they had any way to redeem their (otherwise mostly worthless) miles for those, I would likely fly them more often. I don't care about the service, just want the comfortable seat.

I fly Frontier, too, despite their terrible seats - I'm actually actively trying for their status this year. They've always managed to seat us together even without status, and our CRJ200 compatible carry ons fly for free with them. I always figure my worst case scenario is booking a last minute BS fare on WN and add my companion. Trip insurance might even cover that, though I haven't gotten screwed yet so I can't be sure. If I didn't have the WN backup plan, though, I don't know if I'd be willing to risk those low frequency carriers, even at those low prices...

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Frontier and Spirit.... many of us would never fly them... just sayin. But, they do skim the real fare chasers off the bottom.

Then again, many will not fly WN/SWA and we know they are doing fine as the largest domestic carrier.