FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Jet Blue
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:11 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I think the ~$100 of travel funds is a decent remediation to be honest. This is going to sound a little harsh but I think your expectations are a little high. B6 is still a low cost carrier. They don't put high value on Mosaic customers and they are not good at IRROPs. You are definitely not a whiny jerk. This is a situation they biffed up. They won't give you a single thing unless you ask for it but I find that to be the case with every airline these days.

Note: If they HAD made you pay for the new flight this would be a whole other can of worms. They can very easily say that the onus of the bag's contents is on you and leave you high and dry because they offered you reaccommodation on a later flight.

Crap situation, crap handling by B6, but also a little bit of burden on you to know about the bag's battery.
i disagree, but not about how B6 is terrible with Irrops. This never should have happened. If I was the OP Id be asking to be made whole, which is a refund of the additional pts used if any, and the $100 voucher covers the cab ride so thats done. Not having an aisle seat and the additional time till I get home not really worth anything, maybe another $100 voucher as a good will move

But OP its not gonna be be any better (except maybe with Irrops) anywhere else and then only if you have top status. Until the US economy tanks again the airlines, hotels and car rentals will treat everyone like garbage.

It seems you are a Mosaic due to actual flying and not the $50K Spend of the CC, I would include that, personally I think B6 is NUTS for giving Mosaic for $50K Spend and treat those people (Me) like they earned it the hard way

Also could be all the other carriers would have pulled the bag as well