Old Jul 14, 19, 7:26 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Delayed bags on way to Galapagos, kinda hosed

Just flew on a UA issued award ticket LAX-DEN-PTY-UIO. All segments on Copa except the first. No bags arrived at UIO. At PTY I noticed in the UA app that it stated my bags had been rerouted. Talked to the people at the Copa Club and they said the bags were in their possession and that the message meant it had been transferred to them. Apparently the bags never left Denver. Both sides are blaming each other. Copa says United never transferred the bags to them. United says Copa never picked up the bags. Not even sure which is a correct statement.. Whose responsibility is the transfer?

We did take a weather delay at LAX due to a ground stop in Denver. But we're still had enough time to get off the plane, get to the train, transfer terminals, do a document check, board and sit in our J seats for 20 minutes. Should have been more than enough time to transfer the bags. Copa also acknowledged 2 bags checked in when we did the document check, so they knew about them at that point

We leave tomorrow morning on our AV flight to SCY and then we're on a boat for seven days. I've talked to UA and CM and gotten nowhere. Concierge at the Marriott has been talking with his contacts at CM trying to get resolution. I tried to get United to get the bag onto a flight to Houston so it could take the UA IAH-UIO but they just directed me to CM

Latest this evening is that there a chance the bags arrive tonight on the Houston flight but no one can offer any guarantees. Flight from Houston lands about 1135pm

Anyone have some sagely advice? Any way for our bags to catch up to us in the Galapagos considering CM doesn't fly there? We also don't come back thru UIO. We go SCY-GYE on AV and then GYE-PTY-SJO on CM again so I have no idea where we can get our bags assuming they don't make it tonight.