FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving a ticket (within 24hrs of purchase) from Y -> F, reliably, online?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:09 pm
ljwobker

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
Originally Posted by Often1
This is all easily resolved through your employer and, in turn, through its TA. Many now permit an employee to keep a second personal CC on file and for the TA to directly issue the ticket into the appropriate fare basis which obtains an F seat. The corporate account is charged the appropriate amount and any balance is charged to the personal CC. A note is made as to what the Y are would have been and the entire transaction is handled in the background with not much extra work and easy accounting.
We work for very different employers... or at least ones that use very different travel agencies. When I attempt to do this, it usually requires me explaining multiple times exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, exactly how I want it done, the difference between a "reissue" (to get the miles) versus a "buy up" -- then they always have to call UA to get the discount stuff straightened out, then they have to do something else to waive the change fee ... it's a mess.