FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:59 pm
ashishsg

Originally Posted by Happy
Used a 5/15 mailer today, was able to submit application. However, got a denial for the first time with the message below:

Unfortunately, we were not able to approve your application.
You will receive written notification with details regarding our decision in approximately 7-10 days.

Not even sure should I call on Monday and attempt a recon? Thought?

Previous applications were 03/13/19 and 06/05/19. Therefore the 8/65 days "rules" have not been violated, but may be for the first time I am subj to the 33 days "rule" that does not affect everyone (did not affect me in the past.)

On top of that, I only have gotten 9 or 10 AA cards in an 18 months stretch since Jan 2018, plus an IHG and an AMEX Gold on targeted offer.

Unlike others who do the 33 days reiteration, I have multi-months hiatus in the stretch when we took long trips out of the country. So there are gaps of 2 to 3 months in the 18 months stretch there has been no AA application - just like the latest - 03/13/19 and 06/05/19 - over 6 weeks gap in between.

Such a bummer not getting the last possible bonus.

I was declined on Friday with same language, no rules were broken as I didn't apply for any cards in more than 6 months due to a house purchase. Will wait for letter!