FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:19 pm
BOB W

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BOB W
Date: 11 July 2019
Route: ANC-JNU-SIT
Flight Number: 62
Equipment: 737-700
Departure time: Scheduled 7:55am, Actual 9:45am (delayed 1hr 50 minutes) No explanation given for the delay
Menu: No
Meal description: Snack Basket-this is usually a breakfast flight. Apparently this is the new norm. See below.
Date: 13 July 2019
Route: JNU-SIT-ANC
Number: 73
Equipment: 737-700
Departure time: 6:00 AM
Menu: No
Meal description: Snack Basket-this is usually a breakfast flight

Epic fail of a flight. No waters on the SIT-JNU portion, no service due to the short flight. Flight attendant was completely indifferent to the Pax up front. No recognition of the PAX as we boarded, on the ground or in the air on either segment. She did offer coffee or OJ.

Waters offered to the back of the cabin on the ground in JNU. Coffee and OJ offered on the ground. Once in the air for ANC I asked for a bottle of water and a Bloody Mary. FA said there were no bottles of water left. Only food offered was a snack basket with some of the snacks from the back of the plane. Not even any fruit in the basket.

This has been a light breakfast flight for as far back as my memory goes. What is being served now is shabby and borderline offensive. A friend of mine was on this flight and he makes this trip often. He now refers to is as the "Starvation Flight" due to the poor catering these days.