FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Specific travel insurance coverage question
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:31 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by antonius66
I have an upcoming trip where I have an award ticket outbound from AMS to the US, but am coming from JTR on a different airline on a different PNR to connect in AMS, and the connection is more than valid, but only 1.5 hours. My concern is the LCC that I am flying from JTR on, and if they are late, and if I miss my award flight home that perhaps Delta will not help me on the award. Anyone know of a particular insurance that would cover something like this where you are on 2 different PNRs, connecting in an airport if one is late and you miss the other solely due to the late departure of the unconnected ticket?
You might try asking this on the Travel Insurance section of CruiseCritic.com, as most of the questions/posts are not cruise-specific;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/foru...vel-insurance/

Please be SURE to state your nationality/residence, as most will otherwise assume that you are USA-based, and those policies can be VERY different from those in other countries (which also vary from each other in many cases).

With your question, the "connection time" may need to be longer for the insurance purposes, so also check on that.

GC