FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy On Board Posting as Gate Charges
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:37 am
RWPrincess

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by GottaLuvCruising
That's just what they want!

I keep track and follow up even though it is a PITA. June 26th they FINALLY posted my credits ($22.50) from on board purchases April 3rd, 4th and 23rd. Purchases since then have actually posted correctly.
Thank you for the support. A myriad of B6 issues this year combined with my client mix changing have me strongly considering Delta after this year. I could easily be Platinum if not Diamond level and they know how to treat their loyal customers well. I'm been on a brief B6 break for the last few weeks now and quite honestly I haven't missed them. I will be back later this month though.

As for the credit card issue, it seems to me that they might be using the same Merchant ID number for in-flight and airport purchases hence why in-flight purchases are coming up as Gate Retail. Barclays or any other credit card issuer really wouldn't be able to distinguish where the purchase was made if that is the case. Since there are company moles here, my suggestion would be to use separate merchant ID numbers to pass through transactions from on-board versus in-terminal. This is not a lengthy or expensive process to fix and would save you a lot of customer service headache.