Old Jul 12, 19, 9:56 am
akr1970akr

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by luv2vacay View Post
So I used my new Citi Prestige to make a booking with the concierge (the hotel direct website was a better offer vs. the thankyou hotel listing). The Concierge lady read the terms, it's an "advance purchase" rate, where you pay 50% now and 50% at check-in. The lady said that it should post the 4th night free credit in the next 1-2 billing cycles since this was pre-purchase rate.

Later that day, got the email from Citi with the booking confirmation with the *estimated* savings with 4th night free.

That was 3 days ago and there's still no charge on the Citi card (not even pending)
Is there usually a delay like this? I'm not referring to the credit (4th night free)--that I understand fully won't show up for a few months. I'm more concerned that the card hasn't been charged, so I wonder if my booking is really/truly confirmed.
I would call the hotel, and make sure they have your booking in THEIR system. I once had a situation where even though the concierge sent me a confirmed rezzy from their system, it wasn't in the hotel's system. In that situation it was because the hotel had somehow booked it under the travel agent/concierge's name. We eventually figured out what happened, but I'm glad we did that a few weeks before checking in, rather than standing around the front desk wondering why a fully prepaid rez was not in their system on a sold out Xmas week. This is especially important at independent / non chain properties that don't have slick websites where you can see all your upcoming / prior stays at one place.

And yes, sometimes properties don't run pre-paid or high deposit stays ahead of time, or they might do it on one day of the week, or a few days prior to arrival. If needed you can call ahead to push it through (if you were meeting an MSR, or wanted to get a travel credit burned up before a certain date, or whatever reason).