FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy X booking from partner award
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:14 am
henrus

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
As a VA Platinum it still gets booked as a sale for $0 if you do it on a VA ticket. You even get an email receipt.

So, I don't believe you are correct, as I said if it isn't a VA ticket the EconomyX 'purchase' system fails and even free seats are purchased for $0. Perhaps a VA agent could force it through if the price is $0, but the OP doesn't appear to have VA status so it's kind of irrelevant to the initial question.
They can seat Platinums in Economy X even on a partner ticket or flight number as I've done it when booked on a NZ/VA codeshare last year.

The issue comes down to VA being unable to accept cash payment for a seating request on a partner ticket. It has to be paid to the partner but they have no way of seeing the paid seating (they're displayed as occupied by other airlines).

In the past, VA (over the phone) could select the seat which would then create an outstanding balance in the booking however unless this is paid in 24-48 hours? (can't remember exact time) then the seat selection will drop out. Obviously Platinum's don't have this issue cause there is no outstanding balance.