FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Routes Do You Want Alaska Airlines to Fly? (2019)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:04 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=eponymous_coward;31294113]Pretty much, but this is the wishful thinking thread. Nothing is unreasonable if you're a FlyerTalk Airlines Vice President of Network Planning.

Only VP?

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Now if AA decided to ramp down PHX severely, I could see AS trying something in PHX like they did in SJC/SAN (though NK/F9/G4 would jump too, probably DL as well). But I don't see AA dehubbing PHX anytime soon.
I definitely agree with you on this one. Maybe a direct PHX-LAS-SFO/LAX would be an alternative. I think any destination expansion out of PHX won't come until AS & UA move into terminal 3 at Sky Harbor. That is supposed to happen this year.

WS serves YLW-PHX seasonally. They also used to fly YLW-LAS but dropped that route last year. For me, a YLW-PHX would be great or a one-stop YLW-PAE-PHX, YLW-PDX-PHX. I flew through SEA yesterday and it was a zoo. Precheck was approaching 15 minutes. My inbound from ATL deplaned from B9.

Any E175 out of YLW would be a great addition too. Some of the Q400s are getting a little long in the tooth. My flight YLW-SEA on Monday had an inoperable lavatory and my flight home last night went MX after fully boarded. We waited 70 minutes while maintenance investigated and finally declared the aircraft inoperable. (comminication issues) We were filed back into the terminal to be rechecked and boarded onto a different plane.

Arriving in YLW on June 27th there was another AS Q400 on the ground that had gone MX.

In short,

E175
YLW-PHX
YLW-PDX
YLW-PAE.

Of course PAE wouldn't work until we get Preclearance in YLW.

James