FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Hotel Plane Spotting a thing? I flew TK to IST to try out.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:54 pm
DominikBlasko

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
My favorite airport hotel is probably the Fairmont YVR. The Grand Hyatt DFW is also great, but the plane-spotting at DFW is pretty boring (mostly AA). There is, however, a plane-spotting "guide"/booklet in the room, which I have taken as a souvenir. Some of the rooms at the Westin SFO have great views of planes taking off—I imagine the new Grand Hyatt SFO (once it opens) will be great for plane-spotting.

I can't recall any memorable airport hotels that I've been to in Europe or Asia.
Hey, thanks for the info, The Fairmont really does look spectacular and GH DFW as well, love the idea of a booklet. Istanbul Ataturk was also dominated mostly by Turkish Airlines, but I did not mind as I was very happy just enjoying the very dense traffic. There's also some new construction going on in Copenhagen, which is where I live. By the airport they are building a new Scandic hotel, which according to where it's positioned will probably have better view for departing and arriving traffic as does the only big hotel at the airport now which is the Clarion.