FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019)
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:50 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MaxVO
The "narratives" in the 2 situations are different. But the net effects are virtually identical: people are spending more with Uber and the airlines just trying to figure out the appearing and disappearing loopholes.
That risk goes with the territory, right? I mean, if you are in the position of having to chase loopholes just to collect the value of the benefit. Personally I​​​​​ haven't spent any money on DL that I wouldn't have spent anyway, but I actually fly DL a lot.

I avoid the Uber credits headache by simply not using Uber at all. There's no rule that you have to squeeze every last cent out of everything.

If the risk is no longer palatable then switch airline affinity on the card, or stop chasing it. And in turn if losing the $200 credit means the value proposition of the card isn't there for you anymore, then cancel it. Seems simple enough.