Old Jul 11, 19, 7:24 am
BobTL

Originally Posted by xenophile View Post
Hello, kind FTers. My wife used points transferred from Chase to book award travel (RT ORD-CDG) for her and her friend. A third friend decided to go on this trip with them so my wife attempted to book a third award ticket. It seemed like the award was issued, she got a message saying booking successful. But the ticket confirmation hasn't been issued, her points seem to have been refunded, and she received a message saying to contact Air France.

She called Air France this morning and was told she needs to visit an Air France ticketing desk/agent in person to complete the transaction. She wasn't told why this is the case. This is an eight hour drive there and back and not really an option. Anyone have any idea what's going on here and possible solutions?

One thing I'm thinking happened: when booking the award for the third friend, she used the friend's credit card info to pay the taxes and fees. Perhaps this gummed something in the system and triggered some kind of fraud prevention? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
I would call again to Air France and ask the details.
Probably itís for fraud prevention.