FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to escalate a complaint with customer service?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:56 am
Ilove2fly

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
IMHO consistency is important especially for high level elites who tend to spend a big chuck of their lives in hotel rooms. When benefits are published, they should be honored consistently. Having to argue for every benefit you earn through your loyalty to the brand is not a good way to start a trip. I loved the pre-merger Marriott and stayed there when it had property in areas I visited. As a leisure traveler, it doesn't happen often. As a lowly Gold, I used to consistently get benefits as published including breakfasts and upgrades without arguments. Now I am not so sure. After reading all the complains on FT, I have decided to book my next 7 night Marriott stay though Hotels.com which consistently gives me 10% return in form of free nights. I have received many surprise upgrades and welcome gifts (although not as generous as Marriott did for me) because of my gold status with Hotels.com. Had the new Marriott been more consistent in applying benefits promised, I would have continued to book directly on Marriott.com to enjoy benefits promised to a lowly Gold. The commissions saved should be enough to pay for the benefits promised.