FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Land Travel between Eastern Turkey and Georgia
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:26 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
This Turkish Rail Review site in English published interior photos of the new train. The Economy section looks seriously uncomfortable, especially for a 40 hr journey. But the Sleeper compartment seems rather comfy, and includes a private WC/Shower.
I could not find any reference to a schedule, even tentative. Perhaps others can contribute that info.
The economy section looks like a refurbished version of current sleepers in Turkish trains. The seats *are* indeed uncomfortable in day-mode when you sit longer than an hour. That said, I always found mattresses and seat in bed-mode to be extremely comfortable on Turkish trains. I expect this would be similar.

I would however personally opt for a private luxury sleeper as this would still be perfectly affordable at about the price of a flight ticket - and at least guaranteeing yourself some good sleep if travelling alone (single occupancy) or with your partner.

I couldn't find any timetables so far - the train has not yet been loaded into the Turkish online booking website when I checked two days ago (I would love to make the journey when it starts to run - or at least as far as Tbilisi as I guess I would still need a visa for Azerbaijan as I'm not sure if their e-visa is valid at land borders).