FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I’m in 4a - but am a light sleeper.
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:26 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nicdigby
Hi all, am flying to Australia and am a light sleeper. I’ve taken an upgrade to first class from Sydney back to Heathrow. Cost me £500 which I think was quite good.

The system has allocated me seat 4a on a BA 777-300. Seat guru says it’s noisy due to the galley. Anyone got any recommendations for a quieter seat please : the options are 1E, 1F, 4A, 4E, 4F. Quiet seat is my priority above all else.

many thanks !

On the B773 the toilets are at the rear of the First cabin, so the lavatory will be behind 4A and 4K. The First class galley is at the front of the cabin so there is risk of noise/light if in 1A/E/F/K. I usually sit in 1A/K and I have not been disturbed by light or noise, although others have.

I am doing this trip (in reverse) this weekend, On the SIN-SYD-SIN I have selected 1K out and back. The SYD-SIN is a day flight so noise shouldn't be an issue.Given the choices you have, I'd probably take 4A. Even thought the lavatories (and the Club galley) are at the back of the cabin, I think there will be less noise and light at the back of the cabin than at the front.