FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Lounge Options LHR
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:16 am
dsteveman

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by quakered
The CCR may not be the best lounge the in World but I think it is the best in Heathrow (although I have not tried them all!). It is certainly better than the "First" lounge in T5 which is in reality just a frequent flyer area and can get crowded and noisy. I have always found the CCR to be an oasis of calm with good service and like to booths for eating. Nice and private. If they tried to get all the current tables into an open area, I suspect it would be as crowded as a McDonalds. I have read many comments here that the Cathay First lounge in T3 is better than the CCR. I was there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. All smart and clean but not a patch on the CCR in my opinion - and the good lady agrees with me!
Thanks for this response! My goal while at LHR next week is to be as productive as possible and get some work done. As long as it's relatively quiet with plenty of spaces it should be fine.

I was planning on heading to the Cathay First Lounge at T3 but looks like it won't be possible as I depart from T5. I have heard great things, though.