FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:35 pm
HiAperture

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
No, this is more than likely the price of an UG for only one of your segments. (it sounds like you have 4 total segments) When you click on the offer, or just go into the seat map, it will give you the price of the UG per segment. The $109 offer is the lowest price of one of your segments, and the other will have a higher price. To answer your second question, yes as long as you don't purchase the offer at OLCI, your fare class will change for the flights you UG'd and you will receive more MQMs, MQDs, and RDM's for those segments.
Yes you were correct. When I actually click on it, that was a price for one segment, and then each of the other ones was also available as a separate charge. Altogether it doesn't end up being any cheaper than if I had bought them that way, but I guess on the plus side I could hand pick the segment(s) that would be most important to have an upgrade on.

*edit* on the website the option to upgrade actually denotes the segment being offered for the price, on the app it does not give that distinction.

Last edited by HiAperture; Jul 12, 2019 at 5:59 am