FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:34 pm
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by red5jm
Since it seems like the Amex Gold/Platinum airline incidentals credit being is no longer being triggered by a Delta gift card purchase, I am trying to think of ways to use our Amex Gold Card credit for an upcoming trip.

My wife are flying KLM business class from MSP, so we will get access to the Delta lounge on our way out of town. Will the purchase of a "premium beverage" in the Delta Sky Club trigger the credit? I have seen some conflicting reports on this from some searching online.

I can't think of another way to use the credit before the year is up, since we aren't planning on flying on Delta this calendar year. And buying a fun glass of champagne or Johnnie Walker blue label to celebrate our big trip is certainly better than losing the credit.
At least for the JFK Skyclub, it codes as Delta Sky Club and food/beverage and doesn't trigger the credit since it's not Delta or airline charge