FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to escalate a complaint with customer service?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:17 pm
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by myperks
Marriott customer care probably won’t care
Makes sense, and I agree about moving on

Rather than apology points, I’d like to be able to stay at this hotel and relax without constant arguments, follow-ups or excuses that turn out to be false. Either that, or the hotel should leave Bonvoy.

But to answer the points:

1. Yes, the hotel agreed after the complaint to credit both the missing stays, in compliance with the T&Cs. And yes, the hotel agreed after the complaint to credit the missing welcome amenity from both stays.

2. Yes, the hotel granted Club Access each time after a brief argument about whether Platinums should have access.

3. Both stays I was refused the upgrade despite screengrabs of the website showing all the various categories of ‘available’ rooms available. Both times the hotel then offered the upgraded room on the second day when the rooms manager showed up for work. It’s more the dishonesty and hassle that I don’t appreciate.

4. Even in the case of resorts, properties must offer late checkout if it is available; this hotel sells late checkout for a fee. While it’s not guaranteed at resorts, If it’s available for sale, it’s available for elites. Those are the rules. Yes, I eventually got my 1pm and 2pm checkout requests on each stay this year, after more argument.