FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Lounge Options LHR
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:08 am
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by thatflyer
I wouldn't listen to the naysayers (I am one of them though!).

If it is your first time I would use the CCR. If going through T5 don't forget to use the First Class checkin to the far right - it ensures you walk straight into the First lounge. I wouldn't stay there - it is usually packed with business travellers and the food is limited even if you order and don't get the buffet.

Exit left and walk straight into CCR. Get a dining table in one of those stupid enclosed booths and order food and drinks. If it is your first time - it is nice and fun and relaxing. Make the most of it.

I wouldn't bother with wasting your time trying other things.
Yeah, those stupid enclosed booths! What is with those?

The CCR is very comfy and clubby, and NOT "modern with hard edged furniture" (e.g., the arm rests are actually upholstered still!).
But those modern booths are both uncomfortable and unappealing. What's wrong with some nice tables with comfortable *chairs* so one can position one's self as preferred. (Yes, yes, picky, picky, but for some of us, the fixed "average" or perhaps "average/large" positioning just does not work well.

But the rest of the CCR is wonderful, very peaceful.
(There is a so-called outdoor section, but that means "outside the CCR"; it's still inside, and that furniture is very uncomfortable. It's also not particularly pleasant "out" there.)

GC