FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:16 am
scwam

I'm out! Going to cancel my points reservation for next month Aug 10th to Aug 17th. If anyone is looking for those dates next month then hopefully the 2-bed beach villa should go back into the bucket once I cancel. I've got until around July 23rd to cancel. I'm going to cancel because I've got an Agoda booking about to charge my card in 3 hours for Faarufushi. Plus, I'm also looking at a good deal on Vakkaru and hopefully can make a final decision within 3 hours from now. After 6 months of nightly research on our first trip to the Maldives, my wife decided she didn't like the look of W.A. It just hasn't matured. I kind of regret it because I've never stayed at W.A. and now have diamond status. However, we've reviewed tons of videos via Youtube, Instagram, personal photos of people through Instagram, the chefs' creations, etc., and everything leaves us to believe we want a more Maldivian experience (if you can even get that from a 5* hotel). I'm not sure if I should book Vakkaru or just keep Faarufushi. In either case I'm down to the wire. Anyone who wants to take up the dates, pm me and we can plan a cancelation time. Although I'm sure it will take 24 hours to update in their system.