View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:36 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by _fx View Post
So I recently flew JFK-NRT-KUL-NRT-LAX on JL metal, ticketed on AA. AA receipt says "I" class. JL boarding passes say "C". I know about the history of AS codeshare crediting (technically not allowed, but they usually do it if both carriers are partners), so I submit everything to AS for manual credit. I'm MVPG. Week or so later, here's what posts:

JAPAN AIRLINES Flight 62 NRT LAX
Base: 5,451, Bonus: 12,265
Actual miles flown: 5440

JAPAN AIRLINES Flight 723 NRT KUL
Base: 2,838, Bonus 2,838
Actual miles flown: 3350

JAPAN AIRLINES Flight 3 JFK NRT
Base: 5,734, Bonus: 5,734
Actual miles flown: 6730

None of this makes *any* sense to me using any chart. Relevant charts:

JL C: 100% base, 25% COS bonus, 100% additional
JL I: 70% base, 100% additional bonus
AA I: 100% base, 50% COS bonus

Can anyone decipher what's happening here? Or is the support agent just posting random stuff? Only the first flight -- NRT-LAX -- looks even close to correct. The others just seem like random numbers. I'm slightly hesitant to complain because this is technically not allowed, and I don't want to raise flags. Hoping perhaps the wisdom of FlyerTalk has insights. Thanks in advance.
Were they all AA flight numbers? If you could provide the actual flight numbers and booked class for each segment, it would be easier to decipher.

The operating airline charts prevail so the AA 150% + Elit bonus would not be applicable unless a segment was flown on AA metal.

James

EDIT: It appears some of the segments were credited from the JL domestic chart. I earns 85% JFK-NRT is 6745 0.85 = 5734. NRT-KUL 3357 .85 = 2853.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Jul 9, 19 at 8:52 pm