FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2019
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:40 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by cheme24
I am just curious, what do you mean by lots of communication? Did you request anything in particular? For my stay, I simply told them that I will be visiting for our honeymoon, and not much communication beyond that. I am very new to this sort of thing, so I am just trying to get some insight into what I should be doing, especially before my next Aman stay
I think this question is kind of hard to answer. Communications before arrival would typically be for specific and possibly otherwise out of the ordinary requests such as special excursions or dining experiences, if you have a specific room you would like to request, if you want certain things in your room on arrival such as a bottle of specific champagne in your room for your honeymoon, ect.

Personally I rarely have specific requests so I will typically only communicate flight arrival or pick up instructions with the property. If you aren't looking for something particular or specific there shouldn't be much need to communicate before arrival I have found. If I know any of the management from a previous stay I will send them a note just to let them know I am coming but that is about it.

It is high season in Bali and you caught Kila at full capacity which is not the norm and they probably struggle with it a little bit. It seems like most reports here are that when a property is at full capacity something is usually off, no matter where it is.

Last edited by A4K; Jul 9, 2019 at 11:51 am