FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Conscious Travel [forum now open - see inside]
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:13 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by arcticflier
When you get a more informed understanding of the issue then you will understand that anything less than extreme measures will be insufficient.

I guarantee I live today and have lived the past 50 years being far more environmentally conscious than yourself...but go ahead and paint me with whatever brush makes you feel superior.
I guess I'm confused about your position - are you saying that there should be a Carbon Conscious forum, or that there shouldn't be because it wouldn't be up to your standards?

Generally speaking, I'm having difficulty here - you apparently live an environmentally conscious lifestyle and believe that "extreme measures" are needed to address the issue, yet attack posters who are in support of giving people a venue through which to discuss first steps. Would you rather the status quo continue? Because we're not going to go straight from A to Z; there will need to be intermediate steps.

Also, I found this quote of yours very apropos, given your second line above:

Originally Posted by arcticflier
I always love how FT members manage to work in a good “brag” about themselves with most every topic.