FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Conscious Travel [forum now open - see inside]
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:06 am
arcticflier

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Originally Posted by arlflyer
This post is very exemplary of what is wrong with modern American discourse - everything has to be spoken of in extremes. Either completely unbounded or completely banned (e.g. guns, substances). Could it not be that people want to take the first step in a certain direction without going to the furthest possible extreme? In your mind, no, but in the minds of reasonable people, of course. This is why the rest of the developed world is running ahead of us in many domains - making positive steps with beneficial impacts while we are paralyzed arguing about the furthest possible ends of the spectrum.
When you get a more informed understanding of the issue then you will understand that anything less than extreme measures will be insufficient.

I guarantee I live today and have lived the past 50 years being far more environmentally conscious than yourself...but go ahead and paint me with whatever brush makes you feel superior.

I am excusing myself from further participation since you were aggressive and rude and judgemental from your first *eyeroll* post.