FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS-LHR-MAN with 65-minute connection time
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:08 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not in my experience. I've only had 2 recent secondary searches, and both were pretty quick. One was immediate, and the other was about 10 minutes as there were a few bags before mine. I always take everything out that's remotely electronic, so being prepared certainly helps.

My last secondary was due to what looked like bullets in my bag... We couldn't find them even after they showed me the picture on the screen. Turns out it was my shirt collar stiffeners - thanks Charles Tyrwhitt.
I'm talking from last Sunday, but T3 at Manchester, so I cannot say whether this applies to T1. Worst most chaotic experience - it took me over 90 minutes to clear security, I was HBO. The queues were monstrous, and it seemed the x-ray machines were pulling out every 2nd bag out, and 40 had to be sniffed (wiped/put into machine - i'm not sure what the official term is!) - but this meant that queues backed up as nothing could be scanned. I arrived into Manchester expecting 90 minutes in the lounge, and made it onto the MAN-LCY as the 2nd last person to board.

I vowed i'll avoid MAN like the plague - T3 is a mess. Buy speedy boarding. Genuinely be prepared to take everything out