FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get a large amount of money out of China
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:53 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
OP - there is no need to apologize. We all know that sometimes we simply don't want to tell the whole story due to various reasons. However, I am troubled to the fact that being a lawyer, you failed to observe that the devil is in the detail. So whatever you have been told may not even work.

Nevertheless, I am not so optimistic about the return of the money. Specifically, I am on defense on your late wife's relatives. Per my observation (personal or otherwise), relatives and money can't mix up together for the Chinese. FWIW - assuming the money is in the possession of one of the relatives. The matter becomes very simple - get the money out and that's it. The relative could even wire the money without you being in Wuhan (IIRC).

Without all the legalese (as it is not estate), it should take minutes, or hours at worst, to get the money. I simply don't see all the fuzz, all the questionings, etc.

IMHO - don't have your hope up.