FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Booking Agency Recommendations
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:31 pm
alexcr

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
My pleasure--my travel agent and business backgrounds are intrigued! A locally-owned American Express affiliate might make sense (or Travel Leaders, ProTravel, etc...), but I think the corporate-owned Amex Corporate Travel subsidiary would think of this as doing you a favor, not the other way around.

Likely zero until you have built some volume and can negotiate a corporate contract with a preferred carrier or qualify as a tour operator with which an airline would look to negotiate bulk fares (at that point you'd be large enough to necessitate your own in-house air department of some type). However, there are agencies with access to small discounts on certain fares/routes/airlines. These offerings are not widely promoted (as no carrier wants to cannibalize their own sales channels) and generally require a relationship with an agency.
Thanks again! Regarding fare discounts, I was under the impression that corporate agencies - or at least the big corporate agencies, like American Express Corporate Business Travel - typically have access to tickets at significantly reduced pricing. Is this not the case? And, if so, I guess the main reason to use an agency in a situation like this is to outsource the administrative work?

What's the name of your agency, by the way?